This week on the WEEKEND TOP 20, Travis Scott’s “Sicko Mode” made it to number one as three new songs enter the charts. Lukas Graham comes in with his love song dedicated to his longtime girlfriend who, in times when they argue, would bring back a cup of tea or a sandwich for Lukas like nothing happened. Meanwhile, Paul Klein of LANY also wrote his own song dedicated to someone he loved, but unfortunately this one is about heartbreak. You can read all about these songs below.
Knocker: “Nervous” by Shawn Mendes
- This Shawn Mendes song, co-written by Julia Michaels is about the butterflies one feels when they are around their crush.
Debuts: “Malibu Nights” by LANY
- “Malibu Nights” is a song about heartbreak, loneliness and sadness. It was inspired by lead singer Paul Klein’s own relationship demise which in turn became the theme for LANY’s recent album. The song’s title refers to the nights when Klein would drive aimlessly on the streets of Malibu after being denied love.
Debut: “Love Someone” by Lukas Graham
- Lukas Graham wrote this song for his longtime girlfriend. He said it was inspired by how “you can fight with your girlfriend, then all of a sudden, she would come in and make you a cup of tea”, or “when you are arguing with her, you leave the house to go shop, and come home bringing the magazine you know she likes.” The song is about “the fact you can still be nice to each other even if you've just argued.”
Debut: “Big Bank” by YG feat. 2 Chainz, Big Sean and Nicki Minaj
- As the title suggests, rappers YG, Big Sean, 2 Chainz and Nicki Minaj brag about their wealthy and luxurious lifestyles. This song was first released in May of this year and was included in the soundtrack of the 2018 video game “Madden NFL 19”.
Gossip – THE 1975
- The band is currently on promotion mode in anticipation for their upcoming album, entitled “A Brief Inquiry into Online Relationships” to be released this November 30. They will also embark on a tour throughout the United Kingdom and Ireland starting in January 2019. Singles off this album include “Give Yourself a Try” and “TooTimeTooTimeTooTime”.
#1 – “Sicko Mode” by Travis Scott feat. Drake, Swae Lee and Big Hawk
- The song talks about Travis Scott’s respect for the music game and how that mindset puts him several miles ahead of his competition. According to NBA star Kevin Durant, he helped coin the term “6icko” (“sicko” with the letter “s” replaced by the number 6) with rapper Drake. And as mentioned before, the number “6” refers to Drake’s hometown Toronto.