Jason Mraz finally reaches the top of the WEEKEND TOP 20 after 5 years without a decent hit. Meanwhile two new songs debut including Kungs’ Be Right Here, a collaboration with production duo Stargate and singer GOLDN. Juice Wrld also debuts with his gloomy hit Lucid Dreams, a song that heavily samples the melody to Sting’s Shape of My Heart. Check out the facts about this week’s hits below.
Knocker: “Glimpse of Love” by Franz Ferdinand
- Franz Ferdinand, the popular indie rock band from the 2000’s are back! Early this year the band released their 5th album which includes the hit “Glimpse of Love”. The band recently worked the track and added “a little bit more kick and punch”.
Debut #19: “Be Right Here” by Kungs & Stargate feat. GOLDN
- The hottest 21-year old DJ in France right now is Kungs. He has recently worked with Norwegian production duo Stargate and American singer GOLDN for the release of his new house anthem Be Right Here, a lyrically simple love song about the promise of being with your partner even when their heart breaks.
Debut #18: “Lucid Dreams” by Juice WRLD
- On Lucid Dreams, singer/rapper Juice WRLD explores the mental anguish someone feels after experiencing a break-up. The song’s melody samples the intro to Sting’s 1993 hit “Shape of My Heart”. Lucid Dreams make reference to lucid dreaming, which is a state of consciousness where a person is aware he is dreaming.
Gossip – Panic! At the Disco
- Originally formed in Las Vegas in 2004, Panic! At The Disco has become one of the greatest pop punk bands of the last 15 years. The band recently released their 5th studio album, Pray for the Wicked, last June and it includes the WT20 hit “High Hopes”. Panic! At the Disco is currently on tour to promote the album. They are scheduled to come to the Philippines this October 20.
#1 – “Have It All” by Jason Mraz
- This is what Jason Mraz himself considers as his comeback song after releasing so many moody songs like “I Won’t Give Up” more than 5 years ago. With “Have It All”, Jason Mraz moves forward and sings an upbeat song that shares a hopeful message that he hopes would also help those who are trying to move on.