Image Source: Grammy.com
Three new songs debut on this week’s WEEKLY TOP 20. Last week’s knocker, Bazzi’s Beautiful, enters the chart, along with Bebe Rexha and The Chainsmokers on their new songs, I’m a Mess and Side Effects respectively. Meanwhile, DJ Khaled has once again hit number one with the same artists from his previous hit, I’m the One. Check out facts about these songs below.
Be Right Here by Kungs & Stargate ft. GOLDN
- French DJ Kungs, versatile singer GOLDN, and production duo Stargate, have teamed up to bring us this electropop/house anthem ‘Be Right Here.’ This is also Kungs’ latest single following last year’s More Mess which features Olly Murs on vocals.
I’m a Mess by Bebe Rexha
- In this new single, Bebe Rexha makes self-pity statements about her state of being while at the same time staying positive for the future. According to her, the song is about “celebrating your imperfections and insecurities. Because we all got them and that’s what makes us unique and human”.
Side Effects by The Chainsmokers ft. Emily Warren
- According to the Chainsmokers, Side Effects was inspired by relationships that most millennials go through. Andrew Taggart says the song tells a story of a person who needs to “shed away his shyness” to “live in the moment” and enjoy staying with someone he likes.
Beautiful by Bazzi feat. Camila
- Following his massively successful hit Mine, Bazzi releases his 4th single, the R&B-inspired Beautiful and brings on Camila Cabello for a feature on the song. Fans were not surprised with this collaboration as the duo have been helping each other out on tours.
GOSSIP – benny blanco
- The famed 30-year old American record producer and songwriter benny blanco will be honored at the 2018 Music, Film and Entertainment Industry’s 14th annual Songs of Hope this forthcoming September 15. Along with Ed Sheeran, Beyoncé, and Kendrick Lamar, benny blanco will be awarded the “Legend in Songwriting” award, which will be presented by Clive Davis, the producer who brought superstar status to artists like Westlife, Janis Joplin, Aerosmith and Pink Floyd.
#1: No Brainer by DJ Khaled ft. Quavo, Chance the Rapper, and Justin Bieber.
- A sequel of sorts to the 2017 hit “I’m the One” which also features the same guest artists, No Brainer is DJ Khaled’s new single which he said was inspired by his vacation in Cabo, the popular resort city in Mexico. On the other hand, producer DaviDior said that he came up with the original idea for the song when he visited his family in Guam last year.