To celebrate Y101’s birthday today, here’s a list of proud “firsts” moments the rhythm of the city has achieved throughout the years!
Since its inception not so long ago, Y101 has always been called ALWAYS FIRST. That label doesn’t just reference the fact that the station plays the freshest hits all the time, it also holds true that the rhythm of the city has always been first to accomplish a lot of feats in technological and cultural advancement in Cebu throughout the years.
Here’s a list of proud “firsts” Y101, Always First has achieved that you did not know;
- Y101 was the first radio station to advertise itself through billboards.
- Y101 was the first Contemporary Hits Radio station in Cebu.
- It’s also the first radio station to use and play CD’s on air.
- It’s the first radio station to train its jocks to follow a certain sound.
- Y101 is the first radio station to cater to the AB and upper C market.
- The first and only station in Cebu that hasn’t changed format since its inception.
- Y101 was the first radio station to recognize and promote Cebuano talents, giving their music exposure on air.
- It’s the first station to compile a CD that features the best of Cebu’s popular music. ‘Mango Jam” features bands like 40, Lapu-Lapu Drop, Etu, among others.
- It’s also the first radio station in Cebu to play the music of Fra Lippo Lippi, Billy Idol, Simple Minds, Mike Francis, Everything But the Girl, Lighthouse Family, Seona Dancing, and U2.
- It’s the only radio station in Cebu that broadcast 1985’s Live Aid on air.
- Y101 is the first radio station to stream live online.
- Y101 is the first radio station to have its own website that features special content.
- Y101 is the first station to have its mobile app.
#rhythmofthecity #y101fm #alwaysfirst #throughoutheyears