Here are this week’s hits and a short fact about them!
Knocker: “Play” by Jax Jones ft. Years & Years
- “Play” is a duet by English DJ/producer Jax Jones and fellow English singer Olly Alexander from the synth pop band Years & Years. it is Jones' first track to feature male lead vocals in three years.
Debut: “Who Do You Love” by The Chainsmokers ft. 5 Seconds of Summer
- This is the first single by The Chainsmokers following the release of their second album last December. The song features vocals by the Australian pop-punk band 5 Seconds of Summer, which the Chainsmokers said have been one of their favorite artists to work with so far.
Debut: “Wow” by Post Malone
- Thematically, “Wow” is similar to Post Malone’s 2016 hit “Congratulations. The song is even referenced in the second verse. Both songs focus on Post showing off his wealth, such as cars and money, to the people who doubted him before he was famous.
Gossip – ELLA MAI
- Just a month after winning a Grammy for Best R&B Song (Boo’d Up), Ella Mai began to receive more recognitions in America. Yesterday (Friday, March 15), the English singer won at least three iHeartRadio Music Awards including R&B Artist of the Year. Ella Mai also performed at the show along with Lovelytheband, Marshmello, Lauv, and the Backstreet Boys.
Fearless Forecast: “Friends” by Dido
- For the first time in five years, Dido releases a new single entitled “Friends” which will be included in her upcoming album ‘Still On My Mind”. In a statement, the 46-year-old singer-songwriter revealed that the song is about sticking it to her haters by living her best life.
#1 – “Silence” by Before You Exit
- “Silence” is the latest single by the American all-brothers pop band Before You Exit. Last October, when the band first announced the release of the song, they also the plan to release their first full-length album, “Love, pain, and retrospect” which will include the song “Silence” in the “Love” section of the album. There is no official date yet of when that album will drop.