The WEEKEND TOP 20 introduces Zara Larsson’s new single, “Ruin My Life”. It is about toxic relationships and loving the person regardless of how much they hurt you. Another single with similar themes is “Consequences” by Camila Cabello which is our number one hit this weekend. Scroll down to read all about the songs on the charts this week.
Knocker: “Perfect To Me” by Anne-Marie
- “Perfect To Me” is actually a reworked or remixed version of Anne-Marie’s original “Perfect” released last November. The difference between the two songs is that in the new mix, there are more snares and synth licks.
Debut: “Party For One” by Carly Rae Jepsen
- This upbeat celebration of self-love and independence follows in the tradition of such self-care numbers as Hailee Steinfeld's "Love Myself" and Meghan Trainor’s “I Love Me”. Carly Rae Jepsen’s "Party For One" is "an anthem of what it is to celebrate time with yourself, which is a hard thing for people to really enjoy sometimes.”
Debut: “Silence” by Before You Exit
- “Silence” is the latest single by the American all-brothers pop band Before You Exit. Last October, when the band first announced the release of the song, they also announced their plan to release their first full-length album, “Love, pain, and retrospect” which arrives this year. The band had also just released the music video for “Silence” last month.
Debut: “Taking Me Back” by LANY
- Following the same themes of disbelief and confusion prevalent throughout LANY’s album “Malibu Nights”, on this track- “Taking Me Back”, singer Paul Klein implores his now ex-girlfriend to change her mind and come back to him. As it turns out, she has moved on.
Fearless Forecast: “Ruin My Life” by Zara Larrson
- According to Zara Larrson, this song is about that toxic relationship where you just can’t help but still love the person “effing you up”. Larrson said this song could be about lovers or friends.
Gossip - Honne
- HONNE, the electronic music duo from London, is gearing up for a string of shows this month. The band recently performed a session in Livingston, Scotland and streamed it online. It was also revealed the band would be performing at the Lollapalooza music festival in Stockholm, Sweden this June.
#1 – “Consequences” by Camila Cabello
- Camila Cabello sees this song, “Consequences” as the follow-up of the relationship portrayed in her previous song "Never Be the Same." She said: "I feel like 'Consequences is the aftermath of a love that was intoxicating like that and hard to get out of your mind or the kind of the love that you compare to everybody else and it's not the same."