Keep scrolling below to read up facts about this week’s hits.
Knocker: “Party For One” by Carly Rae Jepsen
- “Party for One” is an upbeat anthem by Canadian pop-star Carly Rae Jepsen. It is about self-love. Carly said it’s a song to remind everyone to celebrate time with yourself because it is a hard thing for people to really enjoy sometimes.
Debut: “Lie to Me (Remix)” by 5 Seconds of Summer feat. Julia Michaels
- The third track off 5 Seconds of Summer’s latest album, “Lie to Me” is a song about a romantic relationship in which both partners see it differently. Ashton Irwin (drummer and vocalist of 5SOS) said the song refers to that situation where you’re in a relationship and the other person is in it for reasons that you aren’t. “When your love doesn’t line up.” A remix of the song features guest vocals by Julia Michaels.
Debut: “Undecided” by Chris Brown
- On “Undecided”, Chris Brown is undecided about a relationship with a girl. His girl is ready for commitment and wants to be “wifed,” whereas Chris is unsure whether he wants to pursue a relationship with her, or keep things strictly sexual.
Debut: “Close to Me” by Ellie Goulding & Diplo feat. Swae Lee
- On this song, Ellie Goulding and Swae Lee duet about their partners who fuel their fire and how wild they are with them. It is a song that is basically about the connection of two kindred spirits. “Close to Me” is as special for Goulding as it was written shortly after her engagement with Casper Jopling.
GOSSIP – Jonas Blue
- Jonas Blue, the DJ from the UK who brought us the tropical electric cover of Tracy Chapman’s “Fast Car” has kept quiet on social media this month. The last time we’ve heard from Jonas was on New Year’s Eve. In an interview with Bang Showbiz, Jonas Blue revealed he’s vowed to find more time to work out this 2019. Jonas said that he planned to stick to a fitness regime and is ''excited'' to get back into training as he's not been able to fully commit to exercise while touring.
Fearless Forecast: “Silence” by Before You Exit
- “Silence” is the latest single by the American all-brothers pop band Before You Exit. Last October, when the band first announced the release of the song, they also announced their plan to release their first full-length album, “Love, pain, and retrospect” which arrives this year. The band had also just released the music video for “Silence” this month.
#1 - “Without Me” by Halsey
- “Without Me” is the first new song released by Halsey since her 2017 album. This song dives into the singer’s personal feelings about having her relationship in the public eye. The song focuses on how poorly she was treated in a relationship, even when she was supporting her partner through thick and thin.