Image Source: sweetyhigh.com
Juice WRLD and his Sting-sampling emo-rap hit “Lucid Dreams” spends a second week atop the WEEKEND TOP 20. Meanwhile four new songs debut. These songs include a gospel house-inspired Dua Lipa number, a song of desperation”, and a break-up song where the other person isn’t ready to end the relationship yet. Find what these songs are about and read them below on this week’s WT20FACTS.
Knocker: “Don’t Leave Me Alone” by David Guetta ft. Anne-Marie
- “Don’t Leave Me Alone” marks the first collaboration between French DJ David Guetta and British pop singer Anne-Marie. In this song, Anne-Marie finds herself asking her partner not to leave her as she’s afraid to be alone.
Debut: “Chasing Fire” by LAUV
- This song was written and produced by LAUV himself. In “Chasing Fire”, LAUV knows that the relationship he is in is over, but deep down the thought of letting his love interest go, totally scares him. Lauv called it a "song of desperation," but not a sad one.
Debut: “Electricity” by Silk City & Dua Lipa
- “Electricity” is the long awaited collaboration between pop singer Dua Lipa and production duo Silk City (consisting of industry veterans Mark Ronson & Diplo). This song harkens back to gospel house, or to the spiritual piano house music popular in the early 2000’s.
Debut: “Happier” by Marshmello ft. Bastille
- Written by Dan Smith of the band Bastille and produced by Marshmello, “Happier” tells a story of a love that ends while the other person can’t accept it yet. This pop-rock anthem reminds Marshmello about the toxic relationships of his life where he had to let go of things he didn’t want to.
Debut: “8 Letters” by Why Don’t We
- “8 Letters” is a song about being scared of falling in love with someone new. The song is about the fear of trusting another person in your life, and having to say those eight letters to them again – I, L, O, V, E, Y, O, U.
GOSSIP - Panic! At the Disco
- Last week the American Music Awards was held in Los Angeles, California where Panic! At The Disco won the award for Favorite Alternative Rock Artist, beating Imagine Dragons and Portugal the Man. Besides their AMA award, Panic! At The Disco also received praise from their performance on the show. The band, along with the cast of the upcoming Queen biopic, sang a rousing rendition of “Bohemian Rhapsody”.
#1 – “Lucid Dreams” by Juice WRLD
- He defined it as "taking two things that you wouldn't think would go together and showing people that they could be perfectly put together."