Image Source: raveituptv.com
Nothing lasts forever and that includes love. Well that’s at least what today’s artists said so. A few songs about broken-up romance have debuted on the Weekly Top 20 this week. Zedd and Elley Duhe sing about missing a relationship and wondering whether the other partner feels the same way. Our number one song, “Only You” talks about a relationship you know you can’t visit back. Read more about these songs below.
“More Than Friends”, by Jason Mraz feat. Meghan Trainor
- This is Jason Mraz’s new song featuring guest vocals by Meghan Trainor. It is a romantic, lovesick acoustic track about longtime friends who want to take their relationship to the next level.
“High Hopes”, by Panic! at the Disco
- This new Panic! at the Disco song is about chasing your dreams without hesitance and seeing them come to fruition beyond your wildest dreams. According to lead singer Brendon Urie, having high hopes means “having a strong feeling that something good will happen”.
“Happy Now” by Zedd & Elley Duhé
- Despite the title’s cheerful-sounding name, “Happy Now” is actually about a broken-up relationship where the couple has nothing left to say to each other. Produced by Zedd and sung by up-and-coming singer Elley Duhé, this song had its official music video released just recently. It features a dark revenge story of a couple on vacation where one of them discovers the other one is cheating.
Gossip: - Troye Sivan
- Troye Sivan recently sat down for PAPER magazine last week to interview fellow artist Ariana Grande. The two singers talked about Grande’s new album, Sweetener and how she dealt with her anxiety following the Manchester terrorist attack while also discussing both of their roles for the LGBT community. Sivan, who first publicly opened up he was gay through a YouTube video in 2013, says he is “mindful of [his] influence”, and that it is very important for him to make the LGBT community be heard and understood.
#1: “Only You” by Cheat Codes & Little Mix
- The first collaboration between the electronic music producer-duo Cheat Codes and girl group Little Mix, “Only You” is an EDM/tropical house track about missing your ex after a long time apart. According to Cheat Codes, who helped wrote the song, they wanted to tell a story “that a lot of people are familiar with”. They likened the song and its theme of lost love as watching a favorite movie where you’re already in the final scene. “You don't want it to ever end but unfortunately there's no way to rewind the footage, the memories of that love are all we hold.”