Image Source: Glamour
At least three songs debut on this week’s Weekly Top 20. ‘Heaven’ by Julia Michaels, Delicate by Taylor Swift and the memeable ‘Mine’ by Bazzi all made it into the charts. Meanwhile, the collaboration between EDM producers Zedd and Grey with country star Maren Morris on the song ‘The Middle’ managed to top the charts this week. Check out fun facts about these songs below.
“Savior” by Iggy Azalea
- According to Iggy, this song is not about you needing a man or a woman to come and save you in a relationship. “It’s about you being your own savior and finding your own strength within yourself to figure it the f--k out.”
“Heaven” by Julia Michaels
- According to Christina Lee of Uproxx, this song “manages to summarize the entire Fifty Shades franchise in just two lines: “'They say all good boys go to heaven / but bad boys bring heaven to you'"
“Delicate” by Taylor Swift
- In this song, Taylor Swift uses a vocoder effect for the first time. [A vocoder effect is when your vocals are chopped into different chords]. Taylor said that “it sounded really emotional and really vulnerable and really kind of like sad but beautiful”.
“Mine” by Bazzi
- This song is about obsessing over your love interest. Although ‘Mine’ was first released in October 2017, it picked up massive traction just a few months ago. Most of this can be attributed to a Snapchat Lense and a viral internet meme which featured the song.
Gossip – L A U R E N J A U R E G U I [lah-ren hah-re-gee]
- Lauren Jauregui is a 21 year old singer who used to be in the girl group Fifth Harmony. When Camila Cabello left the group in 2016, the remaining members decided to take on a hiatus and do some solo work on their own. Jauregui started collaborating with the likes of Steve Aoki and Halsey. In a recent interview with Playboy last week, Jauregui revealed that she is “currently exploring [herself] and getting in touch with [her] creative self”. That means that Jauregui is planning to do something different.
#1 “The Middle” by Zedd, Maren Morris & Grey
- The Middle is a collaboration between EDM producers Zedd and Grey – and country music singer Maren Morris. According to Morris, the song wasn’t only different for her genre-wise, but it also challenged her vocally. Morris said that she was surprised she could sing that high up.