Image Source: rap-up.com
This week on Y101’s Weekly Top 20, two new songs debut. Those songs are Selena Gomez & Marshmello’s Wolves and RAI & Esther Von Haze’s Keep My Cool. Post Malone’s Rockstar still remains number one. Here are this week’s WT20Facts!
No Fear by Dej Loaf
- This song is about Dej Loaf, explaining to her lover than even with their busy schedules, as long as they’re together, they’ll be able to get past any obstacle with “no fear”.
- Dej Loaf is a 26-year old rapper. She got her nickname “Loaf” in high school due to her propensity to wear loafers. (Note: Loafers are a type of leather shoes)
Wolves by Selena Gomez & Marshmello
- Selena Gomez shared the story behind this song in an interview on Beats 1. Gomez said that when she was in Japan, her songwriter friend Andrew Watt played her a rough version of Wolves. Watt also sent the rough demo to Marshmello, who in turn "created a really cool tone and a story with it”. Gomez also added that the lyrics of the song "mirrored" something she was going through while in Japan.
Keep My Cool by RAI feat. Esther Von Haze
- This song debuted back in May at the YouTube channel “Armada Deep”, where according to their description, uploads “deeper sound of Electronic Music”. The track Keep My Cool was made by 17-year old producer RAI from the Netherlands.
GOSSIP: - LAUV
LAUV is a 23-year old producer from San Francisco, California. He is currently on a world tour right now. According to his official Twitter account @lauvsongs, Lauv played with Ed Sheeran in Dubai yesterday. In his Instagram, Lauv took time to thank Ed Sheeran and his team for taking good care of him after the set. He also said that Sheeran has been an inspiration to his since he was in Middle School and that he is incredibly lucky to tour with him.
Rockstar by Post Malone ft. 21 Savage
- Post Malone shared the story behind this song in an interview with Billboard. Malone said that a young producer named Tank approached him while he was at a studio in New York. Tank asked if he could play Malone some beats. Malone agreed and found out the beats he played were “incredible”. So Malone and Tank collaborated in the studio. Malone went back to Los Angeles and finished the track with rapper 21 Savage.