Travis Scott stays atop the number one spot this weekend with the cameo-heavy “Sicko Mode” featuring some of the hottest hip-hop artists working today. Drake, Big Hawk, and Swae Lee of Rae Sremmurd all helped Sicko Mode retain its number one position. Meanwhile two new songs debut. One by Shawn Mendes is a response song to Selena Gomez’ “Bad Liar” and the other one is from Filipino producer No Rome. Read up more about this weekend’s hits on this week’s WT02FACTS.
“This Feeling” by The Chainsmokers feat. Kelsea Ballerini
- The Chainsmokers return to their trademark dance-pop sound with “This Feeling”, which they debuted on an episode of ‘The Ellen DeGeneres Show”. With this new track, the EDM-duo teamed up with country singer Kelsea Ballerini, who has just recently just become the 5th judge for the singing competition show, “The Voice”.
“Nervous” by Shawn Mendes
- This Julia Michaels co-penned anthem from Shawn Mendes is stirring a buzz online as people seem to be reminded of a Selena Gomez hit from last year. Fans are saying that “Nervous” is a response song to Gomez’ “Bad Liar”. The beat, the bassline, and even the lyrics of both songs share the same vibe and theme. Fans pointed out that Mendes was a big fan of “Bad Liar” and so it makes sense he would make a “guy version” of it.
“Narcissist” by No Rome feat. The 1975
- No Rome is the neon-color-haired, Manila-born synth pop producer who just recently signed to the British record label Dirty Hit where the rock band The 1975 is also a part of. Matt Healy of the 1975 jokingly compared his collaboration with No Rome as some sort of “sexual relationship”, which he later explained as “making good music – it’s not sexual in a literal sense, but it sure sounds like it”.
Me and @no_rome are kinda in a relationship— matty (@Truman_Black) June 13, 2017
(it's not sexual but it sure as fuck sounds it)
GOSSIP – Lukas Graham
- Lukas Graham is gearing up for a tour across Europe in support of his band’s latest album “3” aka “The Purple Album”. The first show of their tour will be on January 29 in Copenhagen, Denmark. The album, which was released this September, contains the WT20 hit “Love Someone”, a song Lukas wrote for his longtime girlfriend about how they would treat each other after an argument.
“Sicko Mode” by Travis Scott feat. Drake, Swae Lee, & Big Hawk
- “Sicko Mode”, which is 5 minutes long, is split up into three parts where Travis Scott drops tons of hip-hop references from Notorious B.IG. and Uncle Luke of 2 Live Crew to rapper Remy Ma and her husband Papoose.