This week on the Weekly Top 20, Maroon 5 spends a second week atop the charts with Girls Like You, their love song to women all over the world. Meanwhile, three new songs debut; The Vamps’ Hair Too Long arrived at the charts at number 19. Two spots above them is LovelytheBand’s new hit “Broken” while Drake swerved In My Feelings into the number 11 position. Check out facts about this week’s hits below.
“Dance to This” by Troye Sivan ft. Ariana Grande
- This is Troye Sivan’s fourth single off his recent album, Bloom. This mellow dance track is a collaboration between him and Ariana Grande. Troye said that their collaboration came after he and his team asked Ariana to see if she would sing on the track, much to their surprise Ariana agreed.
“Hair Too Long” by The Vamps
- This song is basically about Brad no longer wanting to be with a girl who makes him feel bad about himself and doubt himself. However he can’t end the relationship either, so he decides to try and make her breakup with him by doing things that will annoy and upset her instead.
“Broken” by Lovelytheband
- This song details the joy of finding another person who is comfortable being their real selves instead of always trying to put on a different persona, i.e. like what most people nowadays portray on social media.
“In My Feelings” by Drake
- “In My Feelings” is an upbeat, club-mixed love letter to “Kiki,” “KB,” and the members of the Miami-duo City Girls. Drake sings the song wholeheartedly and sincerely, wondering if these girls still love him. This song has also become popular in the past weeks for a viral dance challenge called the #InMyFeelings Challenge where participants get out of the car and dance to the song in the middle of the road.
Gossip – Dua Lipa
- Dua Lipa just recently shared a French version to her last year’s hit “IDGAF”. The song which you could hear on our website Y101FM.com, was uploaded by Lipa on YouTube. She is also planning to release a remixed version of the song featuring a verse from the French rapper Maitre Gims. There is also rumor that Dua Lipa is the latest frontrunner to sing the next James Bond theme song. During an interview on BBC 5 Live, the band Years and Years were asked who was most likely to sing the next Bond theme/ One of the singers said that he thought it was going to be them but then slipped and said “but it’s going to Dua Lipa”. He realized what he said and apologized profusely on air.
#1 – “Girls Like You” by Maroon 5 ft. Cardi B
- The music video to this song features a dozen famous and influential women in modern history, including singers like Jennifer Lopez, TV host Ellen DeGeneres, comedian Sarah Silverman, actress Gal Gadot, Olympian Aly Raisman, politician Ilhan Omar and a lot more. At the end of the music video we see Adam Levine’s wife Behati Prinsloo who is holding their baby girl, Dusty Rose.