This week on the Weekly Top 20, last week’s number one hit, Friends by Marshmello and Anne-Marie was knocked out of its position by Maroon 5 and Cardi B’s whose single “Girls Like You” climbed up to six spots! Meanwhile, three new songs debut; these are New Light by John Mayer, Sangria Wine by Pharrell Williams and Camila Cabello and Lost in Japan by Shawn Mendes.
Check out the facts to these hits below!
“Hair Too Long” by The Vamps
- According to Brad Simpson of the Vamps, he wrote this song to “spite the people who annoys him”. “Hair Too Long” is the recent single off the British band’s album “Night and Day” released almost a year ago.
“New Light” by John Mayer
- This new John Mayer song is blowing up online thanks to its ridiculous music video that features him in front of premade green screen filters. According to John Mayer’s Facebook page, he wanted to make a proper music video for this song, but “nobody could agree on a budget”. So he went to a studio that usually does birthday and Bar Mitzvah videos.
“Sangria Wine” by Pharrell Williams and Camila Cabello
- This song is the second collaboration between Pharrell and Camila Cabello (after “Havana”). This salsa-influenced reggae-inspired pop song features Cabello singing in both English and Spanish. Lyrically, the song is about two performers who are in a "playful" back and forth, with the guy praising the girl’s dance moves and drawing comparisons between them and the alcoholic beverage Sangria Wine.
“Lost in Japan” by Shawn Mendes
- On this song, Shawn Mendes demonstrates his commitment to the person he loves the most by expressing his desire to visit her on the other side of the world.
GOSSIP - AVICII
- Dutch DJ Nicky Romero recently revealed to Billboard that in the wake of Avicii’s passing last April, the producer’s collaborators and friends were still sharing music files. One of those songs that Avicii finished but not released was “Heaven” written and originally sung by Chris Martin of Coldplay. However, the version that was eventually released as a single was sung by singer Simon Aldred.
#1 “Girls Like You” by Maroon 5 ft. Cardi B
- “Girls Like You” is Maroon 5’s new single - a fairly simple love song where Adam Levine acknowledges that he and his girl need each other in their lives. The music video to this song is very interesting. It features a dozen famous and influential women dancing around Adam Levine.