The Wonggoys lead the 3rd week atop the Weekly Top 20 as 5 Seconds of Summer jumps to the number 2 spot. Meanwhile three new songs debut; “Friends” by Marshmello and Anne-Marie, “Getting Over You” by Lauv, and “Let Me” by ZAYN. Check out this week’s Weekly Top 20 facts.
“Real Friends” by Camila Cabello
- “Real Friends” is a song written by Camila Cabello herself, inspired by her struggles in finding genuine friends.
“FRIENDS” by Marshmello & Anne-Marie
- “Friends” is a song about the “friend-zone”. It was written by Anne-Marie after she had to spell out the word “F.R.I.E.N.D.S” to a guy she wasn’t interested with. In an interview with Billboard, she said "I don’t know what I’m supposed to do here to show you that I’m not interested." Some people just can’t take the hint and you’ve got to spell it out for them.”
“Getting Over You” by Lauv
- “Getting Over You” is written and performed by American singer Ari Staprans Leff, also known as LAUV. The song describes Ari’s feelings trying to get over his ex-girlfriend. In the pre-chorus, he admits that he spends time with other girls but he just couldn’t get over his ex, saying he could “spend forever” trying to move on.
“Let Me” by ZAYN
- This is a lyrically simple song about the music heartthrob Zayn Malik trying to win a girl over with promises of a life of luxury and loyalty.
GOSSIP - J A R E D L E T O
Jared Leto is currently taking a break from his band Thirty Seconds to Mars’ America tour. Leto spend some time at red carpet events including last week’s Met Gala, the theme of which this year is “Catholic Imagination”. Leto went with Lana Del Rey at the fashion gala, they both went as Jesus Christ. Both of them wore Renaissance-inspired outfits. Leto decorated his blue robe with a stole vestment while Del Ray wore a halo and a golden heart on her chest that had literal knives coming out.
#1 – “Wa’y ‘Blema” by Wonggoys
- “Wa’y ‘Blema” was written in one night only when the Wong brothers were chilling out on their balcony at home. The next day they performed the song in an event called The Listening Room held at Cebu’s public library. The Wonggoys told the crowd to imagine they were with the brothers last night chilling on the balcony.