This week on the Weekly Top 20, the Jollibee-eating “Young, Dumb & Broke” singer finally made it to the top spot with another hit ‘Saved’. Meanwhile, five new songs debut on the chart. These songs are by Clean Bandits, Dua Lipa, Camila Cabello, Taylor Swift, and Halsey. Find out more about their songs below!
‘Miss You’ by Louis Tomlinson
- Miss You is Tomlinson’s third single off his debut album which will be released very soon . He mentioned in an interview once that this song was inspired by the time in his life “when he we going out partying every night”. He said that throughout that time in his life, he was pretty numb and that the only thing he thought about was how much he misses the girl he loves.
‘I Miss You’ by Clean Bandits ft. Julia Michaels
- This song is about missing that special someone in your life from a relationship that has recently ended. Singer-songwriter Julia Michaels doesn’t handle this break-up well and describes the ways in which she keeps memories about her lover and wishes to be near him.
‘IDGAF’ by Dua Lipa
- IDGAF is track number 5 off Dua Lipa’s debut album . She released a clip of this song on Instagram back in May. She mentioned that this song serves as a giant middle finger to her creeping ex who is trying to latch on to her fame.
‘Never Be the Same’ by Camila Cabello
- This song is about finding someone you love and be forever changed because of that person. Camila said that this song was inspired by a relationship she had a couple of years ago. Camila considers it to be the best song she’s written so far and it only took her one hour to write it.
‘End Game’ by Taylor Swift ft. Future & Ed Sheeran
- This song is about Taylor wanting to be her lover’s soulmate. While she never mentions who this person is, the Internet seems to be convinced that since he has a huge “reputation,” he must be Tom Hiddleston, whom Taylor dated in 2016.
‘Him & I’ by G-Eazy ft. Halsey
- This song is about two star-crossed lovers. According to singer Halsey, this song is inspired by the romantic relationship of the notorious criminal duo Bonnie & Clyde. Rapper G-Eazy also confirmed this by saying that he and Halsey are like them, that they are “crazy in love, like, we would kill for each other, we would die for each other kind of thing."
- Anne-Marie will be turning 27 years old this April and a month before that, she will be kick starting her second ever headlining tour across Europe. She will start her tour on March 19 to 27 across the United Kingdom and Ireland. And on the 29th she will start zig-zagging her way through Amsterdam to Spain. Three weeks ago she announced that the tickets for this tour have sold out.
‘Saved’ by Khalid
- Khalid said that this song is about a relationship he had in El Paso, Texas and that when he moved to New York, the relationship was compromised. He said; “She had to find herself. I had to find myself. But at the same time, we always let each other know” that we’ll be there for each other when necessary. “That’s why I had her number saved.” Khalid continued.. “It was a sense of comfort, just by having her number. I still have her number to this day.”