Image Source: billboard.com
This week, The Chainsmokers remain at the number one spot with their song Honest. Meanwhile Bieber debuts a new song called Friends and it’s about staying close to your ex, while another song, Find Yourself states that you need to be happy with yourself first in order to move on. Read more about these songs below on this week’s WT20FACTS.
Look What You Made Me Do by Taylor Swift
- Look What You Made Me Do is the lead single from the highly anticipated follow-up to the album 1989. The song takes shots at several of Taylor Swift’s unnamed rivals, who most fans suspect to be Kanye West, Kim Kardashian West, and Katy Perry.
- The song’s themes are of revenge and rebirth into a smarter, stronger person. It sees Swift move in a new sonic direction, incorporating electropop.
Find Yourself by Before You Exit & Great Good Fine Ok
- According to the songwriters, Find Yourself is a song about acceptance and self-discovery. They said in an interview.. “So many people struggle with, and ultimately discover, that you can’t truly be happy in a relationship with someone else, until you are happy with yourself”.
- The synthpop duo Great Good Fine Ok said they wanted the song to “feel simple and relatable”. They said it’s because the message of the song “is such a simple and relatable idea.”
“Friends” by Justin Bieber & BloodPop
- ‘Friends” is about staying amiable after a breakup. BloodPop teased this collab with Justin Bieber back in July, saying he couldn't "let go of a song and call it done". Bieber and BloodPop previously worked together on Bieber’s 2015 album Purpose; most notably on the hit single “Sorry,” which also had EDM influences.
- There were rumors that Martin Garrix was involved in this collaboration. However, the producer denied it and tweeted "nope, his track [recently released] is without my help.”
Gossip – Green Day
Green Day is currently on a world tour promoting their new album, Revolution Radio. While the band is enjoying a great week with their concert shows in Texas, one of their female fans in Oregon isn’t. When Green Day was performing in Portland, Oregon last week, a 14-year old girl who attended the concert had her right breast bitten by a Canadian man who was at the concert as well. The teen told police that she was dancing next to her mother at the concert when the stranger bit her. The man is sentenced to 30 days in jail while the girl is still recovering from the incident.
#1 “Honest” by The Chainsmokers
- According to The Chainsmokers, "Honest" is the oldest song on their album Memories... Do Not Open. It finds Andrew Taggart singing about an internal conflict after hooking up with a girl following a show. Meanwhile his girlfriend is waiting to hear from him back home.
- According to a lengthy Facebook post the duo posted; the background of the song Honest is the "story about a balance between conscience, loneliness, and temptation told through the eyes of one of us after a night out on the road." They continued, The message is dark and revealing of a personal moment, but it's real for anyone who has ever thought about someone outside their relationship."
#rhythmofthecity #y101fm #alwaysfirst #wt20facts